In 2008, I graduated from an MBA program and began working at a management consulting firm as an interactive marketing specialist. During this time, I was far more interested in social media than I was business. But as my career progressed, I began to understand three very important lessons from my MBA.
These three essential lessons allowed me to create frameworks to understand how social media works for businesses, all while preserving the unique aspects that make social media such a unique and special method of communication.
However, I came to realize that, beyond social media, those three lessons became the foundation of my entire career. These were the lessons that allowed me to understand a myriad of other aspects of business from leadership to sales, customer service to employee engagement, even recruiting.
After spending a substantial sum of money to earn these three letters, I realize now that these three lessons were more important than any of the accounting classes, more than any of the marketing classes, and even more than the statistics courses.
In this presentation I share those three lessons and put them in the context of our modern work life. Whether you use the internet or not, this talk will have you walking away understanding everything you need to know about business.
- Learn to speak the language of business fluently
- Understand the immutable variable that influences every single business decision
- we make
- See clearly, once and for all, why some team members just don’t fit in certain roles
- Understand how to maximize profitability without losing yourself
- Learn the steps to plan for measurable impact