Last year, I joined the board of Council For Relationships, a Philadelphia-based non-profit that provides mental health services to anyone regardless of their ability to pay. They serve everyone from the homeless and at-risk youth, the LGBTQ community, training for clergy, CEOs and Executives and probably even someone you know.
It has been an honor to work with this organization for about a year now. It’s among the most satisfying work I do.
Much of what I help with is related to Marketing this organization. They are currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator. I’m posting the job description below. If you are interested, please email Rita, here.
Who we are
Council for Relationships (CFR) is a nonprofit organization with the mission of helping people from all walks of life improve their important relationships by providing exemplary therapy, educating and training clinicians in the family systems approach, and advancing the behavioral health field through research.
The Marketing Coordinator is best suited for ambitious marketers looking to learn, grow, and hone their skills for an organization that is making a difference in the world. The position reports to the Director of Advancement and interacts regularly with the Marketing Committee from the Board of Directors and the CEO.
- Collaborate on, contribute to, and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that includes digital marketing and public relations. Your goal is to help expand brand awareness and engage potential clients and supporters.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for improvement for all marketing campaigns and activities.
- Regularly review market research, industry trends, and make adjustments to our marketing activities, as needed.
- Take ownership to ensure consistent messaging across all platforms.
- Design all print and electronic materials, including: annual report, brochures, posters, flyers, online newsletter, blog, and all elements of the website.
- Oversee and manage our promotional materials including business cards, branded materials, and other promotional items.
- Plan, create, manage and optimize regular social media posts and campaigns and email communication.
- Develop resources and provide assistance to clinicians in marketing their services to clients.
- Manage public relations efforts by preparing and distributing press releases, develop relationships with local media outlets, and act as CFR’s main point of contact for media inquiries.
- Contribute to planning discussions regarding annual budgets and goals for marketing.
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement and provide valuable reports.
- …all this and more. Take advantage of the many opportunities to learn and build a resume of marketing successes. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field, or commensurate experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in marketing, communications, and/or media relations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Basic understanding of website management, ideally on WordPress.
- Proactive attitude and strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of self direction and autonomy with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to think about high level ideas while also paying strong attention to details.
- Flexibility to occasionally make yourself available for evening and weekend meetings and events.
- Prior experience with Mailchimp, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, though not required.
Contact: Rita Brouwer-Ancher, Director of Advancement
Please respond with cover letter and resume
Also published on Medium.