I’m thrilled to be speaking at this year’s Webcon at the University of Illinois.
On Wednesday, April 4, from 1:30-4:30 p.m. I’ll be giving a Pre-Conference Workshop:
Content Marketing and Social Ads Mastery: What to Make, Where to Put It, and How to Measure It.
Content Marketing is great. Advertising can be very effective. Combine the two and you’ve got a recipe for success. But the first step, before you post anything, is planning out what you want to create, and where you will put it. It starts with asking the right questions.
- Go through the process of defining your ideal audience and knowing how to find them online
- Learn the questions to ask in order to create the right content
- Work with your team to create an editorial calendar
- Understand the structure of Social Ads
- Learn how to use content, advertising, and retargeting to convert awareness to action
Then, on Friday, April 6, from 8:30-9:30 a.m., I’ll be delivering the conference opening keynote:
Keynote: Social Media MBA: Everything You Need to Master Social Media for Business
Too many people in social media have no idea how to tie their activities back to measurable business results. The problem is that they often understood social media, but not business.
In 2008, I graduated from an MBA program and realized that I’d learned three very important lessons. Those three lessons became the foundation of my entire career.
From learning these three essential lessons, I created a framework to understand how social media works for businesses, all while preserving the unique elements that make social media such a unique and special method of communication.
- Learn how to see social media through the eyes of business without losing the human aspect of social media
- Understand the key elements of using social media successfully in an organization of any size
- Discover the five elements of social media and how they can be used to solve real business challenges
- Understand how to plan for measurable impact