I thought for day 2, I’d talk a little bit about my personal life. I know that this is a professional homepage. I know that I promised to talk about leadership and social media. I know this is not why you come here. However, I couldn’t help but use this opportunity, early in this content creation challenge to myself, to give a special nod to the most important person in my life, and the person who inspires so much of the other content that I create.
When I woke up this, I looked over and saw my amazing wife. Goodness, she’s cute.
I am such a lucky man to be married to her.
And since every time I create a piece of content, give a presentation, or meet up with a close friend for drinks, she asks me the same question, in the same adorable tone:
Did you talk about me?
I thought I’d take this opportunity to list the top 10 reasons I love my wife:
- She’s my biggest champion and supporter. I never have to question if I can count on her.
- She’s the sweetest person I’ve ever met and it brings out the best in me
- She is cute as a button and I’m ridiculously attracted to her.
- She is very nurturing. As evidenced by back scratches, and making ribs and pork bone congee for me.
- She is my Muse. No one has ever inspired my creativity the way she does.
- We have the same love languages and I get all the snuggles I want.
- She is hilarious. She cracks me up all of the time. Generally at the same time that she is cracking herself up. Check out the Instagram story
- She is weird. In September 2018, we got married by a unicorn. No joke.
- Best adventure partner ever.
- A million other reasons why I feel so lucky to have found her and get to spend every day with her for the rest of our lives.
And for my readers who are in a relationship, I strongly advise taking some time to sit down and think about your partner and why you appreciate them. Really get yourself clear about the reasons for your affection and be grateful that you have someone in your life that makes your experience in this world, more rewarding. Our time is not long here, and there are no guarantees. Appreciate what you have and who you get to share it with.