My style is straightforward and highly energetic. I cut through BS and don’t pull punches. Everything I talk about puts an intense focus on business applications designed to ensure that everyone wins.
My talks are not only informative but also entertaining. I’m not your typical social media speaker giving out general advice from 2010. I’m not a wannabe motivational speaker spouting off tired, overused Leadership cliches. When I talk about Social Media, I go deeper than simple tactical how-to guides or platforms feature run downs. You cannot play buzzword bingo at one of my talks.
I drive myself crazy designing talks to make sure my audiences walk away with a deep understanding of what’s happening in the world. I will only consider one of my talks
Coming out of my MBA, I realized that social technologies offer would businesses the amazing opportunity to bring a greater level of value and respect to customers and employees. There is an opportunity to be more human, more compassionate and build stronger bonds both inside and outside the company. But these are merely byproducts along the way to generating higher profits and more stable business.
Stylistically, I choose to incorporate humor, storytelling, practical information, and tangible, usable resources. I have found that people are much more engaged with a compelling performance than with bullet-ridden Powerpoint slides.
“No two businesses are exactly alike. Let’s ditch the standard generic advice based on aggregate data and get down to business. Let’s focus on your unique challenges.”
✧ Speaking Topics ✧
The 10 Commandments of Lovable Leadership
A New Leadership Framework to Inspire Greatness
Keynote: 45-60 minutes
Lovable Leadership is the answer to a question: what would our jobs look like if we truly loved where we worked? With all of the books written about Leadership, few approach the subject of love. It’s as if it is the third rail of the leadership discussion. While fear, respect, aspiration, inspiration, and discipline all get their moment in the spotlight, we rarely discuss love…the most powerful human emotion counter-balanced only be hatred.
Lovable Leadership is my framework, and it is designed to create virtually unbreakable bonds with your team, unshakeable resolve, and uncompromising respect. When you learn to be direct yet kind, motivating yet realistic, and lovable yet firm, you have the tools you need to thrive in any environment. You can lead downward, upward, and even sideways.
- Become the leader your people will love, respect, and follow anywhere.
- Learn simple, easy-to-remember and easy-to-use frameworks for powerful and effective leadership.
- Learn the techniques to increase your leverage, frame and guide conversations, and speak strategically for maximum impact and effectiveness.
- Master conversation skills to resolve even the most difficult situations and break free from ever having to raise your voice ever again.
- Learn the skills to motivate and inspire yourself to stay in the “leadership zone” every single day.
- Learn all of this and more…
The 60-minute Social Media MBA
The critical lessons for how to use social media for business
Keynote: 45-60 minutes
Too many people in social media have no idea how to tie their activities back to measurable business results. The problem is that they often understood social media, but not the business.
In 2008, I graduated from an MBA program and realized that I’d learned three very important lessons. Those three lessons became the foundation of my entire career.
From learning these three essential lessons, I created a framework to understand how social media works for businesses, all while preserving the unique elements that make social media such a unique and special method of communication.
- Learn how to see social media through the eyes of business without losing the human aspect of social media
- Understand the key elements of using social media successfully in an organization of any size
- Learn what your next steps and strategies are based upon current business objective
- Be able to assess your business by reviewing the three key elements of social business success
- Discover the five elements of social media and how they can be used to solve real business challenges
- Understand how to plan for measurable impact
An Expert Guide for Integrated and Omni-Channel Marketing
Keynote: 45-60 minutes
“If you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”
It’s true, isn’t it?
Talk to an SEO, and your problem is search. Talk to a web developer and you really need to update your website. Well, I’m a strategist, so if you ask me, you need to understand how all of the pieces fit together so you know how everything fits to help you accomplish your goals.
If you’ve ever found yourself lost in the weeds, trying to figure out which tactic or tool is needed, this talk asks you to take a few steps back so that you can see the bigger picture.
- Learn how social, search, content, public relations and traditional marketing all work together
- See the big picture in order to understand what is required to build out a holistic, integrated, omni-channel marketing strategy
- Stop wasting budget and stop frustrating yourself by fixing parts of the puzzle destined to fail
- Prioritize your budget and marketing plan to maximize your effectiveness in the short and long term
Social Media’s Seat At The Table
Why Your Social Media Team Is Not Optional
Keynote: 45-60 minutes
As a Social Media Professional, do you ever get the feeling that your Social Media Marketing efforts are seen as separate from the rest of your marketing plan? Do you feel that, metaphorically speaking, you’re sitting at the kids’ table while everyone else gets to sit with the grown-ups?
This talk is created for social media marketers who understand all too well that despite its many benefits, social media can find it difficult to compete for attention and budget against SEO, paid search, email, and even public relations. Often times, managers and clients simply lack the understanding of what value social media can bring, how it works, and how success in social media can improve your results in other areas of marketing.
- Understand the problems standing in our way from being included.
- Recognize the realities of the challenge.
- Learn the solution and earn your seat at the table.
Content Marketing and Social Ads Mastery
What to make, where to put it, and how to measure it
Workshop: 120-180 minutes
Content Marketing is great. Advertising can be very effective. Combine the two and you’ve got a recipe for success. But the first step, before you post anything, is planning out what you want to create, and where you will put it. It starts with asking the right questions.
- Go through the process of defining your ideal audience and knowing how to find them online
- Learn the questions to ask in order to create the right content
- Work with your team to create an editorial calendar
- Understand the structure of Social Ads
- Learn how to use content, advertising, and retargeting to convert awareness to action
- Learn about the structure of Facebook and Instagram ads
- Learn the process to successfully use A/B split testing to drive down the cost of results
✧ BOOKING ✧
When you hire Jeff, you’re not just paying for a lively and engaging speaker.
You’re investing in the more than 10 years that Jeff has dedicated to understanding everything there is to know about building a successful business in the age of social media. Jeff digs into the complexities of leadership, sales, and digital marketing, and transforms it into practical, usable, day-to-day strategies.
If you’d like to learn more about hiring Jeff, fill out the form below.
Please note: While Jeff sincerely appreciates being considered for any speaking engagement, he does not speak for free or in exchange for exposure, and he also will never pay to speak in front of any audience.