Profitable agencies aren’t born, they’re built.
I ran an agency for 7 years before selling it. I stayed at the agency that acquired my company for about a year and a half.
There’s a lot that I loved about that time of my life and a lot that I’m happy to move on from.
One of the things I’m happiest about is the opportunity to work with agencies, from the outside, to solve some of the most important challenges they face.
Agencies are special places
I get it. No, I’m serious…I really do get it.
On the one hand, you have the excitement of working with a multitude of clients. Things move incredibly fast. The work is rarely boring.
On those few occasions where you have the time, energy, and right phase of the moon, you can put out work that you are EXTREMELY proud of.
On the other hand…
The minute everything seems like it’s going fine, everything catches fire.
Between demanding clients, tight timelines, turnover at key positions, and a pipeline that goes from bursting to bone-dry (seemingly overnight)…agencies are the sort of place few business owners can manage for long without losing their hair, their sanity, and possibly even their marriage.
You wonder if you run fast enough if you can catch up to payroll. You go to sleep dreaming of that PERFECT client, the one that pays you the most, asks for very little, and appreciates even your most basic emails.
But the next morning, you wake up and it’s still the same. A mix of good and bad and a gut feeling that unless something changes, nothing will change.
Here’s where I come in…
Agencies need love, too
🚀 When you’re ready to have a consistent pipeline of real opportunities, that’s when we talk.
🚀 When you’re ready to be done losing that business, that’s when we talk.
🚀 When you’re ready to build your organization for scale, that’s when we talk.
I work to address some of the unique challenges specific to agencies.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Do we have the right sales process in place, and how do we move people through it?
- Who is our ideal client and how do we get more of them?
- How do we manage projects and keep a handle on deliverables?
- How do we ensure that we’re delivering a stellar customer experience?
- How do we share knowledge across the organization and avoid losing it when someone leaves?
- What applications and tools should we be using?
- Who should we hire next?
- Are we offering the right mix of services? Do we need to add new ones?
- How the heck are we different from any other agency?
These are just a few of the questions that our work together will answer.
Super Agency is end-to-end Agency optimization. Together, we will go through every aspect of your agency from your brand positioning and messaging to your leadership structure and culture. We will look at how you make money, review your customer experience, analyze your operations, and streamline and upgrade your marketing and sales. We’re going to tackle the whole thing, because the whole system needs to work together.
The whole thing will take 6-months.
Month 1: Inquiry, Audit, & Analysis
- Brand Audit: Positioning, Messaging, and Unity
- Leadership & Culture Audit
- Marketing Audit
- Sales Audit
- Operations Audit: Account & Project Management, Systems, Technology and Process
Month 2: Strategy & Process Design
- Brand Strategy
- Content & Promotion Strategy & Process Design
- Content Calendar Creation
- Sales & Pricing Strategy
- Sales Process Design
- Customer Experience Design
Month 3 & 4: Implementation
- Website and Messaging Updates
- Project Management Tool Setup and Optimization
- Project Management Coaching
- Account Management Coaching
- Sales Resource Creation or Edits
- Estimate Template Creation or Edits
- Proposal Template Creation or Edits
- Sales Pitch Design & Practice
- Content Creative Direction
- Advertising Training
Month 5 & 6: Optimization
- Working out the kinks in the system
- Coaching, as needed
A La Carte
Most agencies will sign up for the full optimization, but some agencies may just need help on sales, branding, or building a knowledge management system.
It’s up to you.
if all you need is more sales…
Maybe you’re the business owner and can’t get away from those new business calls. You worry that you’ll never find anyone qualified enough to fill your shoes or sell like a business owner. Even if you could find someone qualified enough you still don’t have the time to train a new business development hire.
Why not just hire me as your closer?
That’s right, you can hire me to come in and close business for you.
There’s a small upfront fee to help me understand your business and after that, you bring me on to your sales calls and I close. When the business comes in, I get a cut. Good luck finding another former agency owner with 10+ years experience in the industry to offer you that deal.